It was a good weekend for are high school cross country athletes at the State Meet in Fort Dodge.
On the girls side in Class 4-A; Senior High ran to a 2nd place team finish led by junior Lillian Schmidt’s first place individual effort. Schmidt won the title in 18:07.6, nearly 11 seconds in front of the second place runner. Hempstead finished 7th led by Hannah Brown in 8th, Western Dubuque was 12th with Lauren Klein lead the Bobcats in 24th.
- In 3-A: Wahlert finished 3rd paced by Alix Oliver who placed 8th.
- In 2-A: Bellevue’s Gabby Williamson finished 32nd and teammate Delaney Dunne finished 4th.
- In 1-A: Emma Ostwinkle of Cascade ran to a 27th place finish
In the boys meet: Hempstead finished 3rd in the Class 4-A field led by junior Ryan Winger in 6th,Owen Maloney 8th, and Mason Suarez was 11th. Connor Kilgore of Senior finished 37th and Cade Messer of Western Dubuque was 99th.
- In 3-A: Wahlert ran to a 4th place team finish led by Nathan Munshower who was 14th
- In 2-A: Bellevue junior Brady Griebel finished medalist runner up, just 8 tenths of a second behind the medalist.