Regional MLB Recaps From Wednesday (4/11)
Pirates Sink Cubs
– Jordan Lyles struck out 10 over six innings and the Pirates homered twice off Yu Darvish in a 5-2 win over the Cubs. Francisco Cervelli and Starling Marte went deep off Darvish, who was reached for four earned runs and five hits over 5 1/3 innings.
Angels Sweep Brewers
– Justin Bour drove in two runs and the Angels won their sixth straight by downing the Brewers, 4-2. Milwaukee was swept for the first time since its series before last year’s all-star break, when the Brewers dropped a five-game set at Pittsburgh.
Cardinals Win 4th Straight
– Yadier Molina and Marcell Ozuna homered to support Jack Flaherty in the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive win, 7-2 over the Dodgers. Flaherty gave up three hits and one run in his 99-pitch effort.
Rays Stay Hot Against Soxs
– The Tampa Bay Rays have continued their hot start by completing their first-ever sweep in Chicago. Austin Meadows was a triple shy of the cycle while driving in three runs as the Rays ripped the White Sox, 9-1. Meadows finished the three-game set with seven hits in 10 at-bats, two homers, seven RBI and four runs scored.
Big 5th Lifts Mets Over Twins
– The Twins walked six Mets and hit another during a seven-hitter sequence, allowing New York to score six times in the fifth inning of a 9-6 win against Minnesota. Winning pitcher Noah Syndergaard permitted just two hits in taking a 9-1 lead into the eighth, but he was pulled after giving up a single, double and triple to begin the inning.