Rockies Baffle Cubs
– Rookie Peter Lambert went five strong innings and baffled Chicago for a second time in five days as the Colorado Rockies won their 10th straight at home by beating the Cubs 10-3. He allowed one run and three hits in his Coors Field debut.
Astros Slug Past Brewers
– Rookie Yordan Alvarez hit one of Houston’s four home runs to become the first player in franchise history to homer in his first two major league games and lead the Astros to a 10-8 win over the Milwaukee Brewers. Yuli Gurriel, Robinson Chirinos and Tyler White also homered for the Astros, who won for the fourth time in five games.
Cardinals Continue Marlins Slide
– Rookie Dakota Hudson allowed one run in a career-high seven innings, and the St. Louis Cardinals handed the Miami Marlins their sixth consecutive defeat, 7-1. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina returned after missing 11 games because of a strained right thumb and went 2 for 5 with a single and double.
Sox Power Past Nationals
– Welington Castillo hit a grand slam and top rookie Eloy Jimenez homered at home for the first time, powering the Chicago White Sox to a 7-5 win over the Washington Nationals. Castillo got his second career slam, with the other coming June 14, 2017, in the same ballpark when he played for the Baltimore Orioles
Twins Rally Over Mariners
– Jorge Polanco scored the tying run on a wild pitch and Marwin Gonzalez hit the go-ahead RBI single in Minnesota’s three-run rally in the eighth inning, giving the Twins a 6-5 victory over the Seattle Mariners. Polanco, who entered the game second in the American League in batting, reached base all four times he batted.