Brewers Miss Sweep of Dodgers
– Ross Stripling was sharp in the Dodgers’ 7-1 win over the Brewers, limiting Milwaukee to a run and four hits over eight innings. Joc Pederson and Alex Verdugo homered to help Los Angeles stop its six-game losing streak.
Cardinals Defeat Reds in Mexico Finale
– Marcell Ozuna homered twice and Matt Carpenter supplied the tiebreaking blast in the seventh inning to power the Cardinals past the Reds, 9-5 in Monterrey, Mexico. Ozuna had four RBI*s, three with a shot over the right field wall in a four-run first before Cincinnati stormed back to tie the game.
White Sox Win at New York
– Tim Anderson hit his first career grand slam and Carlos Rodón pitched the Chicago White Sox to a 5-2 victory over the scuffling New York Yankees. Jose Abreu nearly had a grand slam as well but settled for a sacrifice fly when right fielder Aaron Judge made a jumping catch in front of the wall.
Twins Trim Tigers
– Jose Berrios pitched into the seventh and Trevor Hildenberger notched his first big league save by striking out two with the bases loaded in the ninth to pitch the Twins to a 6-4 win against the Tigers. C.J. Cron homered and drove in three, and Eddie Rosario was a triple short of the cycle in Minnesota’s third win in four games.
– Snow and rain led to the postponement of the finale of a three-game series between the Los Angeles Angels and Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. A makeup date was not immediately announced. A steady snow fell for much of the day