GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) – Aaron Jones scored three rushing touchdowns and the Green Bay Packers used a goal-line stand to beat the Carolina Panthers, 24-16. Preston Smith and the Packers’ defense stopped Christian McCaffrey at the goal line as time expired to give Green Bay an 8-2 record. Kyle Allen completed 28 of 43 attempts for 307 yards, but he also had two costly turnovers as Carolina dropped to 5-4.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Dalvin Cook ran for 97 yards and had another 86 yards receiving to set up three other scores in the Minnesota Vikings’ 28-24 downing of the Cowboys in Dallas. Cook broke a 21-21 tie with a two-yard scoring burst on fourth down in the third quarter to help Minnesota improve to 7-3. Dak Prescott threw for 397 yards and three touchdowns for the 5-4 Cowboys.
CHICAGO (AP) – Mitchell Trubisky tied a season high with three touchdown passes, and the Chicago Bears withstood a late charge by Detroit beating the Lions 20-13 to snap a four-game losing streak. Detroit was playing without quarterback Matthew Stafford because of hip and back injuries, ending his streak of 136 consecutive starts.
Elsewhere in the NFL:
– New Orleans’ six-game winning streak is over after Matt Ryan completed 20 of 35 for 182 yards and two touchdowns in Atlanta’s 26-9 stunner over the Saints.
– Lamar Jackson threw for three touchdowns and added a sensational 47-yard scoring run as the Baltimore Ravens hammered Cincinnati, 49-13 for their sixth straight win.
– Ryan Tannehill threw a 23-yard touchdown to Adam Humphries with 23 seconds left before the Titans blocked a last-second field goal attempt to beat the Chiefs, 35-32. Chiefs quarterback Pat Mahomes threw for 446 yards and three touchdowns in his first game since missing two straight with a dislocated kneecap.
– The Steelers are 5-4 after forcing four turnovers in a 17-12 victory against the Rams.
– The Browns pulled out a 19-16 win over the Bills on Baker Mayfield’s seven-yard scoring strike to Rashard Higgins with 1:44 to play.
– Miami scored 13 points off three Brian Hoyer interceptions as the Dolphins earned a 16-12 win at Indianapolis.
– The Jets wasted a 14-0 lead and trailed 27-21 in the fourth quarter until Le’Veon Bell scored on a one-yard run to help New York pull out a 34-27 victory against the Giants.
– The Buccaneers also stopped a four-game skid. Winston threw for 358 yards and one touchdown in a 30-27 decision over the Cardinals.