National Early Signing Day which is actually now national signing week started yesterday for prospective high school senior athletes in basketball and all other sports except football. Student athletes can sign on the dotted line and make their Division One or Two college choices official. By rule now, basketball athletes have thru next Wednesday to sign for the early period and then can sign again starting April 17th. Athletes in other sports except football have from today through August 1st. The early period signing day for Division One football will be December 19th thru 21st.
Those Tri-State athletes known to have signed or will be signing soon:
- Senior High’s Noah Carter signed to play basketball at Northern Iowa
- Senior High’s Sam Link who signed to play baseball with the University of Iowa
- Western Dubuque’s Zach Bierman signing to play baseball with Creighton University.
- Hempstead had swimmer Dalton Hammel sign to swim with Iowa Central Community College.
- Abby Marting of Senior will be signing later this week or early next week for Women’s Golf to Drake.
- Natalia Verastegui of Wahlert will be signing Friday to swim next year at UNI.