2 pounds russet potatoes
4-6 slices thick cut bacon
½ pound Chorizo
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt/black pepper (to taste)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
2 jalapeños, sliced
2-3 green onions, sliced
Optional additional toppings: cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced onion, guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay bacon slices flat.
– Cook bacon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
– While bacon is cooking: Wash potatoes and slice into ¼ inch pieces. Put potato slices into a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until slices are coated with oil.
– Remove bacon from oven.
– Turn oven up to 450 degrees.
– Remove bacon fat and aluminum foil from baking sheet. Line with new layer of foil.
– Line baking sheet with potato slices in single layer. Cook potatoes for 20 minutes, turn over, then cook for another 20 minutes.
– While potatoes are cooking: Over medium heat, brown chorizo until crumbly.
– Remove potatoes from oven. Turn back down to 400 degrees.
– Cover potatoes with half the cheese. Then top with bacon, chorizo, jalapeños, green onions, and any other desired toppings (except for sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce). Cover with remaining cheese.
– Return baking sheet to oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
– Remove baking sheet from oven. Add sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, or any other more liquid-based toppings.