The Dubuque Metropolitan Area Solid Waste Agency was recently awarded a grant from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Environmental Management System program to purchase purple roll off containers specifically for purpose of establishing drop-off locations from glass recycling. The first load of over 48,000 pounds of glass has been shipped to Ripple Glass where it will be recycled into new bottles and fiberglass insulation.
The following types of glass may be dropped off for recycling in the Purple Containers:
- Rinsed Glass food and beverage containers (all colors, labels can stay on)
- Drinking Vessels (pint, wine, mason jars)
- Candle Jars (leftover wax okay)
- Cosmetic bottles/jars
The DMASWA is sponsoring two (2) Drop-Off Stations to provide access to Dubuque County residents for glass recycling:
- DMASWA Landfill, 101 Airborne Road, Dubuque (Purple Container)
- City of Dubuque Municipal Service Center, 925 Kerper Court, Dubuque (Purple Container)
For more information, contact Ken Miller, Solid Waste Agency Administrator at 563-589-4354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.