1055 University Ave, Dubuque, IA 52001
Facebook Twitter RSS Feed Email Delays and Cancellations Listen Live

Dubuque Kitchen Fire 

A fire that reportedly started in the kitchen of a Dubuque home Wednesday morning caused thousands of dollars in damage. A release from the fire department says crews responded to a house in the 12-hundfed block of Brown Street at around 8:45. A smoke detector in the home alerted a woman who was inside. The woman had taken in some smoke while trying to search for a dog that was inside. While she wasn’t able to locate the dog, emergency crews were. The dog was unharmed. The unknown woman was transported to the hospital as a precaution. Investigators say it appears the fire started near the stove. It caused an estimated 50-thousand dollars in smoke and fire damage to the home.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email