Listen Live
Delays and Cancellations

Dubuque House Fire Causes Considerable Damage

The cause of a fire that damaged a house on Dubuque Regional Airport property on Tuesday has been determined. Crews from the Dubuque Fire Department responded to the single family home just before 11 a.m. The fire was contained to the kitchen area and was quickly put out, but heavy smoke was coming from the home. Crews ventilated the kitchen area to remove the smoke and stayed on scene for a while checking for any flare ups. A press release from the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office says the fire started after a cardboard box was placed on the stove. The home is owned by the city of Dubuque. There was damage to the kitchen area and heavy smoke damage throughout the house. Total damage was estimated at 100-thousand dollars.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
No announcement available or all announcement expired.