1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
3-4 Chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 tbl. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook noodles according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, peas and carrots and broth. Mix well and add in cooked noodles.
- Spray a 9 x13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in chicken mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and top with Mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes long, or until the cheese is slightly golden around the edges and just starting to brown slightly on top.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.
I cooked 3 large bone-in chicken breasts in my slow cooker, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, on low 6 hours. Let it cool in the fridge, then I removed chicken from the bone and diced it.
Serve with garlic toast and a side salad.