No. 5 Iowa routs Northwestern 96-73
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) — Luka Garza had 17 points and 10 rebounds in just 24 minutes, and No. 5 Iowa rolled to a 96-73 victory over Northwestern. Joe Wieskamp had 16 points and CJ Fredrick added 13 as the Hawkeyes won their fifth straight and improved to 12-2. Iowa and Michigan are tied for the Big Ten lead. Pete Nance had 16 points for Northwestern. The Wildcats have lost five in a row and are 6-6. Iowa will host Indiana on Thursday evening, the Hawkeyes game at Nebraska this Sunday has been postponed due to COVID-19 issues in the Husker program.
- Loyola 88, UNI 46.
UNI was led by former Senior prep Noah Carter will 11 points and 6 rebounds. Panthers fall to (3-10) and (2-5) in MVC. UNI gets a 13 day break before resuming their schedule at Southern Illinois on January 30th.
- The Iowa State men’s basketball team will miss a second straight game due to COVID-19 issues. The Cyclone game against Texas on Wednesday has been postponed. ISU’s game at Kansas this past Saturday was also postponed.
Regional College Women’s Basketball
- #9 Maryland 79, Wisconsin 70
- 9 Missouri 31, No. 10 Iowa State 7 (at 285 ISU’s Gannon Gremmel won by decision 7-2 over Zach Elam)
- #9 Missouri 34, #20 UNI 6
- #21 Wisconsin lost to # 7 Ohio State 25-9 and 21-9 against # 24 Illinois.