HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
Mineral Point Advance to State Baseball Again
The Mineral Point High School baseball team is returning to the Wisconsin State Baseball Tournament in Grand Chute for a second straight season following two wins in sectional play yesterday at Johnson Creek. The Pointers defeated Deerfield 6-1 and then won the sectional title by toping Living Word Lutheran 2-1. Mineral Point still unbeaten at (26-0) will play the winner of the Riverdale sectional next Wednesday at Fox Cities Stadium. The Riverdale sectional was postponed by weather yesterday and will be played today with Belmont facing Desoto after Hilsboro meets Bangor with the winners playing this afternoon for the spot in the Division 4 Final Four.
- Western Dubuque 15, North Scott, Eldridge 0 (4 innings)
- West Delaware 7, Senior 2
- Cascade 8, West Liberty 1
- Bellevue 10, Durant 8
- Bellevue Marquette Catholic swept Starmont 9-2 and 19-0.
- Dyersville Beckman split with Benton (no scores reported)
- Solon 13, Maquoketa 8
HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL
- Hempstead wins both against Iowa City Liberty 4-3 and 9-4.
- Wahlert defeated Iowa City West twice 8-2 and 3-2.
- Cedar Rapids Xavier swept Senior 14-0 and 10-3.
- Western Dubuque fell twice to Iowa City High 6-3 and 10-4.
- Bellevue lost to Durant 15-1.
- West Liberty 8, Cascade 0
- Dyersville Beckman beat Maquoketa twice 2-0 and 14-1.
Co-Ed State Golf Meet
The Hempstead team of Joey Kaesbauer and Morgan Hawkins finished 4th yesterday at the state co-ed golf tournament teaming up to shoot a 77 which was two strokes back of the champions. The Wahlert duo of Sam Ambrosy and Anna Jensen finished 7th one stroke back at 78. Senior’s Jake Woodward and Breanna Felderman shot an 87.