High School Cross Country State Qualfying
Boys: Hempstead and Wahlert boys teams have qualified for the state cross country meet next weekend in Fort Dodge. Hempstead finished 2nd at the 4A qualifier at Pleasant Valley led by Ryan Winger’s 2nd place finish. Wahlert ran to the meet title in the 3A qualifier at Independence led by Nathan Munshower’s 3rd place finish. In Class 4A at Cedar Falls, Western Dubuque finished 6th and Senior 7th with both getting individual state qualifiers: Senior’s Connor Kilgore and W.D’s Cade Messer qualified with top 15 finishes. In Class 2A; Bellevue’s Brady Griebel placed 2nd at North Fayette to qualify individually.
Girls: Senior, Hempstead, Wahlert, and Western Dubuque each qualified their teams for the state meet next Saturday. Senior won the 4A qualifier at Cedar Falls while Western Dubuque was 3rd. The Rams were led by Lillian Schmidt in 2nd place Western Dubuque’s Lauren Klien was 7th. Hempstead finished 2nd at Pleasant Valley led by Hannah Brown finishing in 2nd place. Wahlert breezed to the title at the 3A qualifier at Independence led by Gabby Moran with a 2nd place effort. In Class 2A: Bellevue’s Gabby Williamson and Delaney Dunne both qualified finishing 8th and 12th respectively. In 1A Lauren Ostwinkle of Cascade finished 3rd at the qualifier in Iowa City to advance to state.
High School Volleyball
Wisconsin Regional Semi-Finals
- Platteville 3, Lodi 0 (Platteville hosts Mt. Horeb Saturday night)
- Cuba City 3, Darlington 0 (Cuba City at Broadhead Saturday night)
- River Ridge 3, Belleville 2 (River Ridge at WI. Heights Saturday night)
- Wisconsin Heights 3, Mineral Point 1
- Iowa Grant 3, Benton 0
- Shullsburg 3, Riverdale 0 (Shullsburg at Iowa Grant on Saturday night)
- Highland 3, Southwestern 2
- Black Hawk 3, Argyle 0 (Black Hawk at Fall River on Saturday night)